NBCC approved Self-Care Seminar (3 NBCC hours)
Self-Care Seminar Objectives
- To increase helping professionals’ effectiveness by promoting self-care
- To assist you with improving your self-care by putting it into perspective: that self-care is manageable and can be simplified
- To discuss what compassion fatigue is and how to recognize symptoms
- To provide some strategies, tips, and techniques to combat compassion fatigue/vicarious trauma while improving your self-care through thought provoking conversation and ideas to consider
- To help you as a professional while supporting and encouraging those you work with
- To afford the opportunity to connect with others who experience the same feelings while helping you with ways to incorporate more self-care into your life
- To provide validation opportunities
50 participant limit
This virtual self-care seminar is meant to give you some great tools and possible new ideas that you can implement immediately.
Robyn said, “The information presented was such that I hadn’t heard before and I was able to immediately begin practicing some new self-care tools. It was refreshing to spend this time on myself being that my career is very demanding of my emotional energy.”
The course can assist you with learning more about self-care and self-evaluation to help with implementing more self-care into your life.Â This interactive seminar includes conversations, small group discussions and tools you can walk away with to use immediately.
Devon said, “The small group discussions are always helpful. I appreciate the intimate nature of the set up and how it can be personalized. I enjoy hearing from others and feeling validated when others can relate.”
This course can help you think outside the box for ways to take care of yourself and support others to do the same.
Cassandra felt that it was very helpful “being with people who have the same concerns and interest.”
Devon also said, “I would encourage anyone seeking ideas and encouragement on self-care to attend this seminar.”
Valid requests must be received by email 30 days before course date. Typically, if you need to cancel, you may substitute someone else in your spot or attend a future self-care seminar. Seminar and participant substitutions must be confirmed in writing from Lighthouse Counseling ENT to be valid.
Sorry, no payments will be accepted at the time of the event, you must register online.
Lighthouse Counseling ENT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7334. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Lighthouse Counseling ENT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Make Up Policy
Lighthouse Counseling ENT is an ACEP provider with strict rules pertaining to receiving NBCC credit. Any time missed during the workshop will have to be made up during a corresponding time at a future training. For instance, if a person misses from 9 am to 11 am on Day 2 of the conference, then they will need to make up from 9 am to 11 am on Day 2 at a future workshop. According to NBCC, there are no exceptions to this rule. Certificates are only awarded when all 30 hours of course time has been completed.