Michigan Counseling Services
A guiding light to help find clarity, hope, and healing.
“One of the most valuable things you can do for someone, is to help them feel heard.”
David Frobish MA, LPC
I am passionate about empowering people to change their lives for the better. I strive to build a genuine and empathic relationship, free of judgment with clients, supervisees, and consultees while working as a team to achieve your goals. I work to empower you on your journey while increasing self-awareness.
In all areas (counseling, supervision, consultation and when training), my collaborative approach emphasizes relationship, empathy, encouragement, and self-care while developing therapeutic skills.
I primarily use a blended model of counseling and supervision, stressing the importance of building an appropriate relationship with clients to better ensure an effective therapeutic outcome. In terms of effectiveness, research has shown that a strong therapeutic relationship takes precedence over the counseling method used.
My integrated therapy style primarily includes strength based, cognitive behavioral, solution focused, strategic, empowerment, trauma informed and person centered.
Four Traits for Successful Counseling
If you want to benefit the most from counseling with David, it’s important to have these four traits:
Areas of Counseling Experience
**To bill PHP, Lighthouse Counseling ENT (LCE) will have to submit a prior approval request form. To date, LCE has been 100% in securing approval.
Payments accepted: Cash, Zelle, CashApp and all major Credit Cards
Schedule an Appointment
Ready to start counseling? Email [email protected] or use the form below.
David has a small practice, and is not equipped to handle your needs if you are actively self-harming.
To provide the best service possible for clients while modeling valuable self-care, David strives to average time off approximately quarterly. Case coverage will be arranged.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 15+ years Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) experience
- Training in the function of Counseling Supervision in 2009 and Advanced Counselor Training—30 contact hours of Supervision workshop training in 2019
- 20+ years post-master’s experience providing individual, child, adolescent, adult, family and trauma informed counseling including providing intensive home based counseling and/or case management--ADD, ADHD, addictions, advocating, anger issues, Anti-Social personality disorder, anxiety, Autism spectrum disorders, Bipolar personality disorder, Borderline personality disorder, boundaries, budgeting, bullying, improving communication skills, conflict resolution, coping skills, cutting, depression, domestic violence, elderly, employment, family dynamics, family therapy, fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS), housing, grief and loss, intellectual and developmental disabilities, parenting skills, play therapy, relationship counseling, safety planning, Schzio-affective disorder, secondary traumatic stress/vicarious trauma, self-care, self-harm, self-worth/esteem, sexual abuse, stress management, suicide, supervising parent visitations, and trauma
- Providing clinical supervision to LLPCs; Supervision training for LPCs to supervise LLPCs; Counseling; Consulting; Peer consultation; Mentoring and Training professionals
- Additional trainings provided by CASA, CMH, Cross Country University; Georgia Department of Human Resources collaborating with Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities and disABILITY LINK; Institute for Brain Potential, Michigan State University Continuing Education, PESI, Social Security Administration, Treatment Foster Care Oregon Model (TFCO), and others—Advanced Counselor Training (ACT)--30 hours in 2019; Advanced Motivational Interviewing; Alternatives to Domestic Aggression; Asperger Syndrome; Assessment of Suicidal Behaviors; Attachment and Emotional Regulation; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder; Bipolar Disorder; CAFAS; CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) Pre-Service Volunteer Training Curriculum--27 hours; Michigan CASA State Conference—2 days; Clinical Supervisor Training in 2009; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Co-Occurring Disorders for Early Practitioners; Counseling Victims of Sexual Abuse; Cutting and Other Self-Harming Behaviors: Intervention Strategies; Disrupted Attachments, Childhood Trauma: The Importance of Relationships (2 day); Ethical Decision Making in Social Work Practice: Applying a Common Morality Framework; Families Forward Strength Based Training—12 hours; Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder; Gentle Teaching (Working with People); Georgia Peer Support Training—3 days; Human Trafficking; Independent Facilitation Training/Person Centered Planning Process; Mastering 16 Key Habits of Emotionally Resilient People; Michigan Alliance Against Hate Crimes—Coalition Building/Violence Prevention; Motivational Interviewing (12 CEUs); MSU Autism Family-Professional Conference; Nuts & Bolts of Legal and Ethical Practice; Opiate Maintenance Therapy; Pain Management; PECFAS; PMTO—2 day introduction; Schizophrenia/Psychotic Disorders and the Elderly/Co-Occurring Disorders; Sensory Processing Disorders; Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS); Social Security; TFCO Clinical Team Training for Children--4 days; Trauma, PTSD & Grief; Trauma—Creating and Supporting within a Trauma Informed School Part I & II by Dr. Stephanie Grant; Treating Anxiety and Panic Disorders; Treating Compulsive Sexual Behaviors; Understanding Shame & Building Shame Resilience
- DHHS Specific Trainings--Core A, B & C; Domestic Violence I & II; Domestic Violence Legal Issues; Incest Affected Families I & II; Parent Talk; Parenting Interventions; Solution Focus I; Substance Abuse Affected Families I & II; Testifying in Court; Working w/Adolescents and Teens
- 14 years providing case management for Intellectual and Developmental disability populations.
- Masters in Counseling and Theology, Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, MI
We accept Cash, Zelle, CashApp, and all major Credit Cards
David is seeing clients both in-person and through tele-health.
We accept BCBS, BCN, McLaren, Optum (United Health Care/United Behavioral Health) and Priority Health.