Reach your LPC licensure goal with individual or group supervision.
David offers a free consultation to potential supervisees to help both parties ascertain how strong the supervisor/supervisee match might be.
LLPC Group Supervision
Virtual Group Supervision Format
Groups will typically aim to have 5-9 people in them. The plan is to meet for 2 hours about twice a month. Group schedules will be posted at least a month in advance. By having around 5-9 people in a group, for 2 hours, allows everyone to have significant time to present while also affording the opportunity to learn from your peers.
In order to meet the 50 hour average/year needed for your supervision hours, as well as provide an additional opportunity to go over your evaluation, discuss cases more in-depth, and/or discuss more private issues, a minimum of 2 individual sessions are expected during the 12 months.
Group Session Rates
Scheduled group sessions are $60/hour/participant. Individual supervision rates for group participants are $90/hour*.
Virtual sessions are via Zoom.
*Group Supervisees automatically receive the lower $90 individual supervision rate
Benefits of Group Supervision
- Gain helpful insights that guide future decision making
- One group member made a professional contact in group and is switching professional positions from her college counseling/advising to private practice
- Another group member recognized that there was more than case management and switched roles at his agency
- Improve self-confidence, self-image and self-esteem
- Talk honestly and directly about feelings
- Improve insight and understanding into one’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors by looking at relationship and/or client patterns both inside and outside of group
- Receive and offer support and feedback from/to group members
- One member stated the following
- I learn from group members on how they handle clients, work with different clients, and their different styles which has helped me work better with my clients by giving me different techniques and tools to use that expanded my bag of tricks
- Group allows me to be in a like-minded group of clinicians
- I feel that all the group members are all trying to help each other out
- and it’s nice being with people that know what you are going through
- He reports “I definitely enjoy hearing about everyone’s different clients”. I learn how to handle some situations that might come at me sometime in the future.
- Group allows me to “focus on my own self-care.”
- Another member reported “I learn about things I hadn’t even considered like working with a client that is stuck, APS, dealing with insurance, etc”
- A third member said
- This group is not limited like my free supervision at work that only talks about children.
- I feel that this supervision has really expanded my knowledge base by hearing from each of you
- and hearing from a different supervisor’s perspective on some things has been extremely helpful too.
- A fourth member expressed
- The group is well managed (facilitated).
- The group has afforded me a different perspective as I got somewhat locked into a way of doing things
- A fifth member described that it is
- Nice to hear what other people do.
- It allows me to think or ask myself what would I do in that situation
- which increases my confidence that I could work with that person.
- I like the variety of group, which is very helpful.
- More cost effective and time efficient
LLPC Individual Supervision
Individual Sessions Overview
I believe there are multiple ways to effectively counsel and supervise someone, and I find that utilizing a blended supervision model proves to be most effective. In addition, counseling and supervision efficacy occur within the therapeutic relationship.
Individual sessions are usually conducted weekly. Due to vacations, holidays, weather, etc. sometimes sessions will be skipped or made up. To help make up a session, a 1.5 hour session may be held on a different week. The goal is to have 50 hours of supervision within a 12 month period in order to achieve the 100 hours needed for your LPC license during the 2 years.
Individual Session Rates
Individual supervision rates: $100 to $200. Scheduling flexibility and virtual sessions are key factors in determining the session rate.
Please call or email with any additional questions or to setup a free initial consultation, call (517) 420-1850 or email [email protected]
Reminder: New Supervision Hours Change
New supervision hours change – the 100 hours may all be virtual now. The new administrative rules effective April 26, 2023 state:
R338.1774 Rule 74 (1) (c) (i) “For an applicant that has completed a master’s degree, . . .with not less than 100 hours of regularly scheduled supervision accrued in the immediate physical presence of the supervisor or via 2-way real-time audiovisual technology that allows direct, contemporaneous interaction by sight and sound between the supervisor and the supervisee. . .”
Sessions may be virtual, in-person or a blend depending on your situation.
Book Your Free Consultation
Please call or email with any additional questions or to setup a free initial consultation
Call (517) 420-1850
Email [email protected]